Thank you for visiting The ALS Association St. Louis Regional Chapter Blog! The purpose of this blog is to provide news, information, and stories to people living with ALS – including family members, caregivers, and friends.
The blog will also be a place for people to interact among themselves and with The Chapter in a positive environment. To help maintain this environment, we kindly ask that you review our community guidelines, below.
If you’d like to submit a blog post for publication on our blog, please also review the Submission Guidelines below. We look forward to hearing from you!
Should posts or comments violate any of these categories, we reserve the right to remove them without warning.
- Solicitation or advertising of products or services.
Please refrain from advertising products, services or other such information in your comments, particularly if they refer to non-FDA approved treatments or devices.
- Offers or solicitations for used or unused durable medical equipment (DME) (hoyer lifts, shower stands, walkers, etc.) or unused prescription medication due to potential liability or sanitation-related issues.
- External fundraisers not approved or vetted by The Association as we cannot verify whether funds collected will go toward stated charity or cause.
- Posts containing profanity. Please refrain from using profane or offensive language in your posts.
- Posts requesting we endorse a survey.
Surveys will remain on our blog only if we have officially approved, vetted and confirmed the methodology for a particular survey. We wouldn’t want you to think we have endorsed a survey that we know nothing about.
- Posts requesting support for a petition. Unless the petition has been officially vetted, we cannot endorse third party requests to endorse a particular cause.
- Patient privacy issues.
We serve hundreds of people living with ALS through our chapters, Certified Centers and clinics. Information gathered from these people will not be shared on this blog and is considered a violation of The Chapter’s confidentiality policy.
- Comments that are factually inaccurate, misleading, or defamatory. Personal attacks are also prohibited on this page. We will always do our best to respond to and correct factually inaccurate information that is posted to our page and dispel any misinformation. Personal attacks, accusations, or misleading/defamatory content does not create an atmosphere conducive to healthy dialogue.
- Requests for social media page or external blog “Likes,” not approved by The Association.
- Comments or content that violates The Chapter or another company’s trademark or intellectual property or legally privileged information. Intellectual property refers to symbols, names, images, and designs used in business. Similarly, a trademark refers to words, symbols or designs (such as a brand name or a logo) that identify and distinguish the products or services offered by one organization from those offered by others. In addition, please do not disclose proprietary, confidential, or legally privileged information.
Please note that, because of the live nature of the blog, it is not possible for The Chapter to confirm the accuracy and/or validity of every comment before it is posted. If you believe someone has violated the community guidelines, please report it immediately to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’d love to share stories that come from members of the ALS community. If you have a story or other creative work you’d like to share on this blog, please send it to email@example.com along with a brief (60 words or less) description of the author.
By submitting your story, you are agreeing to the following terms:
- Every story submitted is reviewed by the ALS Association St. Louis Regional Chapter and all stories may not be posted on the blog.
- Stories which are longer that 1,500 words may be shortened or not posted. Stories that are shorter than 500 words may not be posted.
- Stories with inappropriate or offensive language as well as information about specific medications or medical treatments may not be posted.
- Stories that promote external fundraisers, petitions, or surveys not previously approved or vetted by the Chapter may not be posted.
- Stories that advertise products or services, particularly if they refer to non-FDA approved treatments or devices, may not be posted.
- Stories that include offers or solicitations for used or unused medical equipment may not be posted.
- Stories that violate The Associations or another company’s trademark or intellectual property or legally privileged information may not be posted.
- Stories that are factually inaccurate, misleading, or defamatory may not be posted.
- Your name will be posted on the internet along with your story and may be shared on other email and social media platforms as well as Google searches.
- Do not post personal identifying information such as phone numbers, emails or addresses.
- The Chapter reserves the right to make slight edits to each story which may include adding or deleting information to ensure the post is in line with our criteria.
- We review all submissions and this process may take some time, so your work may not be posted immediately. We cannot guarantee that everything we receive will be published.